Benefits of Shock Absorbing Shoes
Shock absorbing shoes are an essential for those who spend a lot of the day on their feet. Typically this was a core element of sneakers and athletic shoes, but they’re not just for athletes anymore. Shock absorbing shoes can provide many benefits to everyday life, from providing extreme comfort to offering arch support.
Table of Contents:
What are Shock Absorbing Shoes?
Shock absorbing shoes are exactly what the name suggests: they are shoes which absorb shock or impact. When you walk, no matter how softly you tread, your joints and muscles feel pressure with every step. Wearing women’s and men’s trainers can be comfortable, but making sure they’re looking after your feet is essential. Shock absorbing shoes are comfortable shoes designed to help reduce the strain walking or running can put on your body. This process takes place in the sole of your shock absorbing shoes. When our feet hit the ground as we’re running, the impact creates kinetic energy that is usually transferred to your body.
Thanks to the clever technology in shock absorbing shoes this energy is absorbed by the sole and you will feel less impact. At Giesswein, our men’s and women’s sneakers feature EVA soles, which are a lightweight alternative to rubber. One of the key features these soles possess is their shock-absorbing abilities. In fact, they have an energy return of less than 5%, so they act as shock absorbing shoes and do an excellent job of cushioning your feet with every step.
3 Reasons Why You Need Shock Absorbing Shoes
- Reduce stress on your joints - The kinetic energy created by your foot’s impact with the floor is normally transferred into your lower body as you step. This can put a lot of stress on your joints which could ultimately leave you in pain. Shock absorbing shoes are designed to reduce this strain on your joints. The soles of your shock absorbing shoes will minimise the force put on your joints, helping to reduce aches and pains after your long run or walk!
- Improve your posture - If you do find that your lower joints are put under stress when walking, we would also suggest trying a pair of arch support sneakers to further aid you. Simply swapping out the footbed in your shock absorbing shoes to an arch support insole can help support your posture if you’re on your feet for long periods of time.
- Make life more comfortable - Even those who don’t suffer from aches can benefit from shock absorbing shoes. As they absorb more of the impact your step creates, they make for a very comfortable walk or run. Whether you’re wearing your favourite summer sneakers or waterproof hiking boots, reducing strain can have an amazing effect. It means you really can go the distance, and truly enjoy your surroundings, whether that be your favourite city, or the beautiful countryside.The Most Comfortable Shock Absorbing Shoes
The Most Comfortable Shoes
Comfort is key, no matter your lifestyle or what you’re using your shoes for. Shock absorbing shoes are the most comfortable footwear option, ideal for a day at the mall or for taking walks while on vacation. We believe that shock absorbing shoes should do more than just their namesake. At Giesswein, our soles also provide durability, making them last longer than other alternatives. Our sneakers are made from super soft materials ideal for providing premium comfort.
Using sustainable materials like merino wool and eucalyptus fibres, our comfortable shock absorbing shoes are packed with amazing qualities which will make them your new favourite pair of comfortable shoes. Both of these materials make breathable sneakers with a moisture wicking property, keeping feet dry from sweat however hard you run. Using our Green Strategy, we’re ensuring our shock absorbing shoes are ethically produced so you can wear them confidently, knowing that animal welfare, and the planet are at the heart of what we do. We’ve even made a 100% vegan sneaker, the Cactus Sneaker, using vegan leather made from pear cactus. With changeable merino footbeds your foot will get a second layer of comfort, making these cushioning running shoes, so you’ll be as comfortable as possible wherever you go in your shock absorbing shoes.
Shock Absorption For All Occasions
We know not everyone who’s looking for shock absorbing shoes is looking to go for a run. That’s why we’ve made the perfect shock absorbing shoes for every occasion. From everyday sneakers you can wear whilst running errands, to the ultimate outdoor shoe that you’ll want to take on all your hikes!
- Wool Sneakers - Our Wool Sneakers make brilliant use of their ultra-lightweight sole and upper. Weighing in at only 160 grams, these are the perfect casual sneaker to style with any outfit, or to keep by the door for when you’re in a hurry. These stylish sneakers are ideal for wearing with jeans or as part of a suit with sneakers look. This shock absorbing shoe sole provides extreme comfort whatever you’re doing.
- Merino Runners - With the rise in the athleisure trend you may be looking for shoes that not only ease impacts, but that look great with loungewear and fabulous with your favourite evening outfit. Our Merino Runners are a brilliant option for this. Their athletic style not only looks cool, but will keep feet cool in summer too! Not only are they a great pair of shock absorbing shoes, but they reduce the conduction of heat. This keeps your feet warmer, making them perfect as a pair of winter trainers.
- Wool Cross X - The ultimate shock absorbing shoes comes in the form of our Wool Cross X sneakers. Whether you’re a keen trail runner, or a dedicated hiker these make the perfect companion for all your adventures. This pair has a special EVA sole, which is still shock absorbing, but also has unique micro-grip technology that makes it a slip resistant sneaker. Providing maximum stability, you’ll want to take these shock absorbing shoes on every trek.
- Wood Sneaker - We know that every area of your foot bears the brunt upon impact, which is why our Wood Sneaker incorporates a padded anti-blister heel as well as their shock absorbing shoe sole. This means you’ll be ultra comfortable from the minute you put on these shock absorbing shoes. The soles on this shoe are made from EVA foam, which provides even more cushioning than traditional EVA.
- Wool Peak - The world’s first Merino wool running shoe that gives energy back to you! The midsole of this Wool Peak is designed so that your feet are lightly cushioned with every step, absorbing shock, and keeping you moving forward. The rubber sole on these running shoes ensures excellent grip on even the most slippery terrain.
Feel Extreme Comfortable with Giesswein
Giesswein is a third-generation family business specializing in comfortable footwear and eco-friendly shoes. We’re using our sustainable strategy to ensure our men’s slippers and women’s wool slippers are extra cozy whilst upholding our animal-welfare and planet-conscious values.